Classroom Instagram

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

St. Leo's: Lines and Colors

School is certainly in full swing and so are a variety of projects and artwork! I just wanted to share some past projects I just can't wait to hang up and add some color in the school.

This being my first year at lovely St. Leo's, so I've been trying to find out what the kids remember and know from year to year.  I also wanted to get them accustomed to how I run my classroom and the art material procedures.  Pre-2 reviewed or learned their different types of lines by creating a colorful oil pastel and watercolor resist! 1st and 2nd also learned a line song to help them remember horizontal and vertical lines.

Below is some form the 2nd grade class:


Pre-K and Kindergarten also reviewed colors and are practicing mixing our primary colors to make secondary colors.  As well as painting in the lines and following directions.  Next step Kindergarten is going to tackle scissors using their circles that are below:


Brittany Thrun is the owner, artist and instructor behind A Fine Tangle.
Visit her at www.afinetangle.com. Follow her on twitter @afinetangle

No comments:

Post a Comment